Still have questions?
Does it matter if I have broken or a chipped windscreen?
Yes, absolutely it does. Chipped or damaged windscreen may break when you hit a bump in the road, but more importantly, your windscreen serves as an important structural purpose during an auto accident. So avoid driving a car with damaged glass, longer than you have too.
What are the benefits of mobile windscreen replacement service?
Even the crack or the smallest chip in your car’s windscreen can compromise the structural integrity and safety of your vehicle. It’s worth getting it repaired or replaced. We offer mobile windscreen replacement service, and its benefits are
- Convenience: A mobile service takes away all of this inconvenience. Our expert will come to you, wherever you’re located.
- Affordability: The cost of car replacement can sometimes be enough to make most people avoid them until it’s too late.
- Flexible Hours: Your windscreen can be replaced independently of the time you require the repair service.
- Fast Service: Our mobile windscreen replacement service in Sydney can generally be able to assess, repair or replace your windscreen in a short amount of time.
How long can I leave it before I replace my windscreen if it is deeply damaged?
In most cases, we would advise replacing the windscreen as soon as possible once the damage is noticed. When your windscreen is cracked or chipped, its structural integrity is damaged, and without expert inspection, you won’t know how weak your windscreen is. If your windscreen has a large crack, you can contact us, and we will perform windscreen replacement in Sydney. Even if it is a small chip or crack, it is wise to pull over and contact us right away for assistance.
How exactly is the windscreen repair process done?
Windscreen crack repair and windscreen chip repair are both done in the same way. In most cases, only the outside part of the windscreen has been damaged. This damaged area is then cleaned out, so that dirt and debris will not mix with the resin. Once the resin has been applied to the crack or chip, it will harden and dry. This ensures that it is returned to the same structural integrity and the car can be driven safely. However, windscreen repair will not restore its original beauty. You will be able to see where the crack or chip occurred.
Why does a chipped windscreen need repairing?
If you leave a chip in your windscreen, unfortunately, it will get worse over time due to the pressure, vibration and bumps that pass both through your car and its windscreen during your normal, everyday driving, because your windscreen forms part of the car’s structure.
- Since the windscreen provides up to 30% of your vehicle’s structural strength, any damage will reduce this strength.
- Your vehicle relies on the windscreen in a couple of ways. The passenger airbag uses the windscreen for support; the roof uses the windscreen for support in the event of a rollover.
What can cause your windscreen to crack?
Windscreen damage is a common problem amongst drivers, and the most prevalent causes of windscreen chips and cracks are
- Direct impact: this can be caused by a car accident, something being thrown at the windscreen
- Direct sunlight: intense heat can crack the windscreen or cause the glass to warp
- Temperature: dramatic changes in the temperature can cause the glass to expand and crack
- Stones: Flying stones or road debris or gravel is also a reason for windscreen cracking
- Glass Quality: The quality of glass or the manufacturing process can cause the glass to crack
Leaving your car out in the sun or the cold can cause the edges of the windscreen to become more brittle and crack. So it’s recommended to store your vehicle in an insulated space, such as your garage.
Will the chip or crack in the windscreen be invisible after the repair?
A windscreen chip and crack repair is used to prevent further damage and to restore the structural integrity of your vehicle. When each occurrence of damage is unique, with most successful repairs, a slight blemish or imperfection where the impact occurred is normal. In most cases, you should expect the cosmetic appearance of the repair to show some improvement as compared to the damage before the repair.
What are the reasons for windscreen leaking?
The leaks could be caused by improper sealing of the windscreen, or possibly a blocked body drain. It may also leak due to rust. As this leak expands, water leaks through and slowly breaks down the bond between the polyurethane glue and the body where the glass sits. When windscreen leakage happens, we remove your vehicle’s window, repair and repaint the affected area, then refit the glass.
Can you replace my auto glass in inclement weather?
In most cases, we avoid installing the auto glass in the rain or snow for both safety and manufacturer reasons. During inclement weather, if mobile auto glass service is required, we will need suitable shelter like a garage to perform the service. Furthermore, during the colder parts of the year, we need to meet certain temperature requirements in order to guarantee a successful and safe installation.
How much will it cost for windscreen replacement?
The cost of a windscreen replacement or any other auto glass can vary depending on the model, make, year and the accessories on your vehicle. You do have a few options for windscreen replacement. We can source genuine glass from the manufacturer, or a second-hand glass, if available can be sourced from salvage vehicles. Branded items are most commonly used by most of the companies since the appearance and quality are comparable to the genuine ones.